Ready to learn? Go to gerberu.com today.
Miguel Sousa Confeçcoes S.A., a clothing company seeking to develop innovative products of the highest quality, using the latest technologies. As a company, they are always looking for ways to evolve and improve their manufacturing process and the services they provide to their customers — aiming for greater creativity and innovation. Partnering with Gerber for over 19 years, Miguel Sousa Confeçcoes S.A. has integrated Gerber’s full suite of products from design through production.
Located at North-Portugal’s important center for textile and apparel manufacturing, Barcelos, Miguel Sousa Confeçcoes S.A. specializes in fashion pieces manufactured from a variety of jersey fabrics and other types of knitwear. Each piece is developed based on the demands of their customers and are produced in house from design all the way through to the final product. Known for its high-quality seam processing, Miguel Sousa is a reliable source for quality garment production.
"Our decision to work with Gerber Technology has repeatedly proven to be the best possible way to sustainably secure the continued existence and development of our business."
- Miguel Sousa
There was strong interest when the global technology partner introduced the innovative cut ticket option — implementing a fully integrated solution from AccuMark® pattern design and AccuNest™ optimized markers to material spreading right through to automated cutting. Today, the stringent and fully controllable processing of orders is as follows:
- Cut plans are developed in AccuMark.
- Followed by marker making and optimizing via AccuNest.
- AccuMark generates a printed cut ticket with barcode per order.
- Scanning of the cut ticket barcode to retrieve spread details.
- Gerber’s Label ID applies piece and cut ticket label to the spread – or to different layers within the multi-color spread.
- Gerber Paragon® cutter software to provide easy access right at the screen to all relevant job details and metrics.
We grew up with Gerber products and value the industry leading, process-oriented consulting and reliable service provided by the Gerber team on site here in Portugal.