Come learn from the experts at the premier fashion technology conference. Register today!
ACORfato Indústria de Confeções S.A., a manufacturer of men’s suits, was founded in 1989 in a garage with only 28 employees. With a focus on quality and innovation through an efficient and faster response to the customer, ACORfato S.A now has 247 employees and a production capacity of 400 pieces per day. ACORfato S.A. has relied on Gerber Technology as its technological partner since 1997, having invested quite substantially in Gerber CAD and CAM equipment over the years.
The expansion into export markets, as is currently the case for the American and Dutch market, brought new challenges in terms of consumption and deviation analysis, optimization of stocks and pricing support to the commercial department. In order to meet their customer needs, ACORfato needed a spread and cut planning software that would help them simulate, plan and optimize the quantity of material required for a particular order, in advance, to avoid as much stock as possible.
"AccuPlan complements our philosophy of digitizing the entire facility, by driving new, more productive and efficient ways of working to meet the most demanding customers in the various markets."
- Filipe Pinto
Calculations generated with AccuPlan enabled the company to increase material utilization by up to 5%. ACORfato is also able to respond to customer’s demands quickly and accurately due to AccuPlan’s ability to propose the best cutting option. Reports generated by AccuPlan show exact consumption before and after the cut order by providing subsequent analysis of deviations. Since ACORfato uses a combination of Gerber’s digital solutions, the integration of AccuPlan with all other software and equipment contributed to increase process transparency. Consequently, productivity and the quality of the produced items also increased. Key benefits are:
- With AccuPlan ACORfato achieved great precision and accuracy in the optimization of consumptions.
- Between 3 and 5% cut in waste reduction led to better stock management and savings in fabrics.
- Greater speed in order entry and order execution through the suggestion of several cut plans options.
- Increased productivity by accelerating the entire process.
- Improved order workflow due to program integration within the AccuMark® family of software solutions, which avoids duplication of work and eliminates the need for external programs.
- Generates cut plan reports for analysis simulation and communication of results to management.
- Allows independence from the CAD room to obtain consumption reports.
The added value of AccuPlan for ACORfato is that it continues to support our optimization of time and costs throughout the company.